2018 Date: Organizational Meeting: Sunday, April 15; 3 pm – Karleen DuMond’s Farm
Open to all Western, Walk/Trot and Walk/Trot/Lope riders. Team members must attend at least eight practices to meet the fair requirements. For future meeting dates, directions, questions, or to sign-up, please contact Karleen Dumond at (607) 369-4338; [email protected].
EQUINE COGGINS and VACCINE CLINIC
2018 Date: Sunday, April 22; 11 am-2 pm; Delaware County Fairgrounds, Walton
Contact Bill Sherman at [email protected] by April 16 to register.
The SUNY Delhi Equine Club has teamed up with Dr. Wilcox to provide an Equine Coggins and Vaccine Clinic. Contact Bill Sherman at [email protected] to reserve a spot. Bill needs to know what vaccines are needed to be sure to bring enough supplies.
Cost is $25 for the first two horses; $10 for each additional horse.
Coggins/$25; 4-Way/$22 (EEE, WEE, Influenza, Tetanus); 5-Way/38 (EEE, WEE, Influenza, Tetanus, EVH) ; Rabies/$10; West Nile/$25; EHV 1/4 (Rhino)/$16; Strep Equi Strangles Intra Nasal/$28
Any horse requiring Strep Equi will be done only after all injections plus blood draws for the entire day are done (if requiring Strep Eui please show up around 1:30 pm.). Thank you!
MAY 4-H HORSE CLINIC (Registration due by Friday, MAY 4)
Saturday’s clinic will focus on various presentations, Showmanship, Gymkhana and Trail. Sunday’s clinic will focus on Western, Walk/Trot, Horsemanship/Equitation Patterns, Hunt Seat, Ring Work/Cross Rail, Walk, Jog & Canter, Rail Work & Over Fences and Equitation. A Potluck Dinner will be held on Saturday at 5:30 pm. Pizza and wings will be provided. Please bring snacks and/or desserts.
See Registration Form and Schedule. May 4-H Horse Clinic Registration Form & Schedule 2018
- Saturday, May 19; 8-9 am Check In; 8:30 am Start Time; Delaware County Fairgrounds, Walton
- Sunday, May 20; 8:30 am Start Time; Delaware County Fairgrounds, Walton
4-H JULY HORSE SHOW
Sunday, July 1, 2018
8 am Start Time
Delaware County Fairgrounds, Walton
Entry Form Deadline: June 15
The 4-H Horse Advisory Committee will be hosting the 2018 4-H July Horse Show on Sunday, July 1 at the Delaware County Fairgrounds in Walton. Hunt Seat, Saddle Seat, Western, Miniature, Driving, Costume, Trail, and Gymkhana classes will be offered. Click on the links below for a copy of the class list, show rules, and entry form.
Riders wishing to be entered in the New York State 4-H Horse Show must participate in the 4-H July Horse Show to qualify.
ATTENTION 4-H HORSE MEMBERS!!!
Open Tri-Valley Horse Show
Saturday, June 30, 2018
Delaware County Fairgrounds, Walton
Here is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience and practice your horse show skills before the Delaware County 4-H July Horse Show on July 1st. Come to the Open Tri-Valley Horse Show on June 30th at the Delaware County Fairgrounds in Walton. The show program consists of Western, Hunt Seat, Gymkhana and Miniature classes.
This will allow any 4-H member that shows in a class to:
- Gain experience and prepare for the Delaware County 4-H July Horse Show the next day on July 1st at the Delaware County Fairgrounds.
- Ride classes at $1 off the TVHA open show class fee.
- Be judged by Robin Bartholomew and receive feedback regarding your areas of perfection and those needing improvement before you ride to qualify for the New York State Fair on Sunday.
- Come spend the weekend and enjoy your friends and learn while you are there!!!
- There is a show program available on the Tri-Valley Facebook page.
- Any questions call Bill Sherman at 607-434-7723 or Jackie Losie at 607-437-8350.
Camper sites and stalls available at a fee. Coggins and Rabies are required. You can sign up for classes the day of the show, no pre-entry required.