DELAWARE COUNTY 4-H MISSION
In Delaware County, thousands of youth between the ages of 5 and 19 participate in traditional clubs, special interest groups, and school enrichment programs. Our mission is to provide these youth with educational programs, experiences and resources designed to enable them to develop knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes and behaviors to become competent, caring adults.
4-H is . . .
- Delivered by Cooperative Extension
- A community of more than 6.5 million young people across America
- Learning leadership, citizenship and life skills.
- Participating in fun, hands-on learning activities supported by the research of land-grant universities (Cornell University in New York).
- Completing hands-on projects in areas like health, science, agriculture and citizenship
- A positive environment where youth receive guidance from adult mentors and are encouraged to take on proactive leadership roles.
NATIONAL REACH THROUGH LOCAL PROGRAMS
4‑H’s reach and depth is unmatched. Through our community of 100 public universities, 4‑H reaches kids in every corner of America – from urban neighborhoods to suburban schoolyards to rural farming communities. Our network of 500,000 volunteers and 3,500 4‑H professionals provides caring and supportive mentoring to all 6 million 4‑H’ers, helping them grow into true leaders today and in life.
OUR 4-H PUBLICATIONS
4-H Leader’s Digest: Newsletter that highlights upcoming 4-H events, reports on 4-H activities, includes important updates, and all other things 4-H. Published quarterly throughout the year. Subscription is complementary for 4-H Club Leaders.
- October 4-H Reminders (PDF)
- Spring 2016 Issue (UPLOAD)
Extension Connection: Newsletter that highlights Cornell Cooperative Extension programming, including 4-H, and includes cutting edge information for families, businesses, farms, etc. and addresses issues that affect them. Published 10 times throughout the year. Subscription is complementary for paid CCE Members.